January 2021 Update - Outdoor Play
As you are all aware, we are still on suspension from indoor play. In the meantime, there is LIMITED opportunity to play outside on nice days under strict conditions in order to abide by Alberta Health Services regulations. Please read these carefully if you would like to play:
- 10 people MAX are allowed in the vicinity of the courts at one time. The sign up is limited to 10 people per session. Update February 2021 - have started clearing a third court for 5-6 more members to play as a group.
- arrive just prior to your session ending and leave immediately afterwards
- no visiting or gathering before or after play.
- maintaining a 2 metre distance at all times while on court or while waiting for a game
- when there are people waiting to play, limit games to 10 minutes in order to ensure no one waits long
- in below zero weather, balls need to be warm in order to not crack. A thermal bag with warmers will be at most game times - make sure to trade out balls before they crack
- make sure to signup if you wish to play. Two times have been added per day, depending upon the weather there may be only 1 spot created until the 3rd court is cleared off.
- groups can be created based on skill level.
We are hoping to return to play at SMP as soon as restrictions are lifted, hopefully sometime in March 2021.
EFFECTIVE NOVE MBER 27, ALL INDOOR GROUP PLAY IS SUSPENDED ACROSS ALBERT
A. STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
The Strathmore Pickleball Club is made up of a friendly and active group of keen pickleball players from beginner to advanced levels. If you are already a member, ensure that your membership is up to date in order to be able to play this year with our new Alberta Health Services restrictions on safe play. If you are looking to become a member, please read this website carefully and reach out directly to Marlys Lein firstname.lastname@example.org in order to set up a time for an introductory session which is a pre-requisite to joining. *****LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE IN THE COHORTS*****
In the summer of 2015, Strathmore was the Host Town for the Alberta 55 plus Summer Games. As volunteers, Pickleball was one of the sports that intrigued a few of us, where we were feeling the need to bring this sport to Strathmore and start our own club.
In the fall of 2015, we started looking for evening indoor gym space that would accommodate a handful of players. With such limited space available, we were able to find 1 hour a week for our indoor play at Wheatland Elementary School. Come the summer time, we were able to use our outdoor Tennis courts. The club subsequently found space at Brentwood five nights a week to accommodate the growing club.
This fall, we will be playing at the Strathmore Motor Products Sports Centre 7 days a week!
We have now have more than 100+ members in our club, and still growing. We invite you to come join us and play pickleball -- North America’s fastest-growing sport!
Club members are primarily residents of the Strathmore area. Currently, the club has over 100 members. Learn more by clicking the link below.
There are many opportunities each week to play pickleball. Check out the Court Schedule for more information
If you start playing regularly you should definitely become a member. There are tons of benefits in this fast growing sport.